YOUTH PANEL• July 28, Foster care panel for Capital Law School ICWI in Columbus
• Aug. 4, Adoptee panel for Capital Law School ICWI in Columbus
FALL CONFERENCES• Aug. 11, Southwest Independent Living Summit in Cincinnati
• Sept. 24, Judicial College video teleconference in Columbus
• Oct. 2, Youth Panel at Ohio CASA conference in Columbus
• Oct. 29, Northeast Independent Living Summit in Canton
FUTURE STATE ADVOCACY OPPORTUNITIES• Ready to Launch: Ohio Gubernatorial Campaigns
• State budget: Promote use of WIA and ODE funds for transitional foster youth
• OACCA compilation of potential ODJFS budget areas that might be at-risk
• OCOG funds (Demos/Policy Matters Ohio)
OHIO BUDGET PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT COMMISSION• This budget committee is tasked with understanding the magnitude of the budget deficit and to discuss general strategies.
• Some of the committee members will be on the House and Senate budget committee in 2011.
• It’s important that committee members are informed about the importance of funding for foster youth.
• Foster care youth and alumni will need to arrange meetings with individual committee members.