|Click to enlarge photo|
Link to more photos.
On Tuesday, January 29, 2019, Ohio foster care youth, alumni and allies held an introductory meeting with LeeAnne Cornyn, Director of Children’s Initiatives for the Office of Governor Mike DeWine and Chelsea Cordonnier of ODJFS.
Participants included representatives from the OHIO Youth Advisory Board, ACTION Ohio, Adoption Network Cleveland, and the Columbus State Scholar Network.
The agenda focused on:
- Introductions and well-deserved congratulations to LeeAnne Cornyn
- Appreciation for Governor Mike DeWine and the many ways that he has served as a champion for Ohio foster youth in his former role as Ohio Attorney General
- Creating a statewide Foster Care Ombudsman’s Office
- Reforming Ohio child welfare funding
- Establishing an ongoing communications mechanism to stay in touch and keep working together