|Click to enlarge photo|
Link to more photos.
During the 2019 January Statewide Quarterly Meeting, OHIO YAB Founding Member
Kierra Williams shared creative hands-on Leadership Skill Building Activities.
She also facilitated the breakout session on Strategic Sharing.
The OHIO YAB agenda also included:
- Updates on how the Sibling Bill is progressing on a statewide level.
- Next steps regarding federal advocacy to end the Foster Care to Homeless Pipeline.
- Providing printed copies of a draft Toolkit to support county and regional Youth Advisory Boards for participants to field-test in in their area.
- Additional break-out sessions on Bridges, Mind Matters, and Ohio CASA's upcoming new webpage for foster youth.
- Mind Matters was a decision-making guide that was created back in 2015. Ohio foster youth have expressed interest in renaming, redesigning and relaunching a tool to inform and empower youth regarding both medication and emotional health.