Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Presidential Address

Overcoming Hurdles in Ohio Youth Advisory Board

We exist to be the knowledgeable statewide voice that influences policies and practices 
that affect all youth who have or will experience out of home care.

I’d like to start out by saying how excited, as well as honored I am to serve as your President of the Ohio Youth Advisory Board.

I want to remind each of you that we are a board of people who are concerned and motivated to serve you and those brothers and sisters of ours that are still in care or aged out and for the future youth to come.

With that being said, I cannot stress enough that we are just the face of this board, and that you and the others we speak out for are the strong heartbeat that truly matters to us and keeps us going.

As President, I personally vow to stay as knowledgeable as possible for the advancement of foster care into a better tomorrow. I will advocate for all needs no matter how small or large the obstacle may seem.

With a new year and new administration ahead, I would also like to take this time to invite ideas from every youth member of the board, as well as adult supporters.

I’d like to thank each adult supporter in advance for supporting the needs of your youth, as well as the vision of Ohio Youth Advisory Board, and look forward to working with you and appreciating your individual areas of expertise.

Please feel free to contact me with any concerns or thoughts you may have. I would like to reiterate that I look forward to leading as your president during this New Year ahead.


~ President Cieria Rodriguez-Toney

No comments: