Saturday, January 23, 2016

OHIO YAB ~ Member's Accomplishments in 2015


During the lunch break at January 2016 OHIO Youth Advisory Board meeting, youth from all over the state had the chance to share their personal accomplishments in 2015.

Ohio foster youth's personal accomplishments in 2015:

  • Started the Mahoning County Youth Advisory Board
  • Established a Youth Advisory Board in Guernsey County
  • Got accepted into college
  • Got accepted into Sullivan University
  • Got accepted into the University of Akron
  • Got accepted into four different colleges for fall of 2016
  • Got my first job
  • Passed all my classes this semester
  • Moved forward with a new and promising job
  • Filled out job applications
  • Broke my city track record
  • Became a softball pitcher
  • Got a good internship
  • Got my driver's license!!!!
  • Started and completed a semester in college
  • Moved into my first apartment
  • Became a senior without giving up
  • Became a role model - not giving up, staying strong!
  • Getting good grades
  • Graduated high school
  • Got an apartment
  • Got my apartment
  • Passed my SAT with a 1340
  • Took the ACT
  • Won $2K in scholarship money
  • Passed my OGTs
  • Got all my credits for school
  • Got straight A's to show my sister that she can do it too #RoleModel
  • Made it through my junior year with only going to school half the year (due to circumstances beyond my control)
  • Got my name changed finally
  • Changed my attitude and became a better me -- I pressed forward through tough situations, and learned how to handle them



No comments: